For many years our sanctuary has been at the heart of the Isle of Wight community and one of the best ways we connect with island life is through our volunteers scheme. People come from all walks of life and backgrounds, bringing their experience and skills to help our animals and visitors alike. It is richly rewarding for all involved and our sanctuary genuinely could not function without our talented army of volunteers lending their valuable time. See below how you could get involved with out volunteers scheme.
Our volunteers assist us in many ways, including:
- site upkeep and maintenance
- education and public engagement
- special events
- supporting the animal care team
- animal enrichment
Things you should consider before deciding
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Projects can be seasonal – some times of year are much busier than others.
- Volunteering does not lead on to paid employment.
We hope you find this information useful when deciding whether volunteering at the Wildheart Trust is right for you.
What you need to be a Wildheart Trust Volunteer:
- an interest in conservation, wildlife and the environment
- a genuine desire to help the Wildheart Trust
- reliability, commitment and a degree of flexibility
- a lively mind and a friendly attitude
If you feel that you would like to become a member of our volunteer team please contact our Volunteers Coordinator, Melissa Bowyer by emailing email@example.com, and request an Expression of Interest form.
You can also call us on 01983 403883