Hear from Judith & Charlotte Corney
Judith and her late husband Jack Corney bought an old zoo in 1976. At the time run down and bankrupt, the Corney family worked tirelessly over generations to turn it into the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary, a place where rescued animals can thrive.
Judith’s daughter, Charlotte, is a trustee of the charity and ensures that the Sanctuary fights hard to help save animals from suffering and end animal exploitation.
How can you leave a legacy?
Share of estate
Known as a residuary gift. After family and friends are provided for, you can leave a share of what remains to us. Residuary gifts keep up with inflation, so you may not need to update your Will in future.
Sum of money
Known as a pecuniary gift. A fixed sum of money makes an instant contribution. It is often worth reviewing a pecuniary gift from time to time, as inflation can reduce its value.
You can choose to leave a particularly valuable item, such as furniture, jewellery or even a property. These items may gain value over the long term, bringing more to our Sanctuary.
Write your free will today
We have partnered with Guardian Angel, an expert Will-writing service, to offer you a free online Will. All we ask is that you consider leaving a legacy for The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary.
If you’d rather speak with a solicitor, you can call the team on 0800 773 4014 and quote Wildheart Animal Sanctuary to book an appointment.
Do you have any other questions?
Leaving a gift in your Will is a big decision and we want to ensure you make the right one. We have prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions below. If you still have any further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Why write a Will online?
- Expert approval: Every will is double-checked by a Will expert.
- It takes 15 minutes: Provide our partner, Guardian Angel, with your information and they will take care of the rest.
- Keep your Will up-to-date: Make as many updates as you want for £10 per year.
- No upsells, no fear tactics: Our partner company’s ethos is to support over pressure. No fear tactics, no upsells.
How do I use Guardian Angel’s Will writing service?
- Step 1 – Complete the questionnaire: To make your Will online, we need to know about your family and your wishes. This process is straightforward and takes about 15 minutes.
- Step 2 – Submit your information: No phone calls or house visits. Submit your information online and Guardian Angel take care of the rest.
- Step 3 – Chat with Guardian Angel’s team: Our partners are here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions you can call them or chat online.
- Step 4 – Print and sign: Guardian Angel will send you your completed Will within 7 days so you can print it and then follow their instructions to make it legally binding.
- Step 5 – Make updates anytime: Life circumstances can change, and your Will may need to change too. You can update your information at any time for £10 a year.
Can I write my own Will?
Yes, it’s possible to write your own Will. Most DIY options are one size fits all. The benefit of writing an online will is that your will is tailored to the information you provide.
How much does a Will cost?
Writing a Will can be expensive, which was another reason to put it off. The cost of doing a simple Will with a lawyer or solicitor ranges from £150-£300. If you need a complex Will it can cost between £300-£1,000.
Wills are living documents and the government recommends we edit them every 5 years, or when something big happens in our lives. But traditionally, this has always been costly, making it hard to do. Will writers would either charge you for a new Will or for a codicil (edit), which can cost up to £100+ each time.
We wanted to do it differently. With our partner, your online will be FREE, and that includes Guardian Angel’s on-hand expert support. The partner also offers free unlimited changes to your Will for the first year and only £10 per year after that.