The Isle of Wight Zoo Is Temporarily Closed Until 19th June
We might be closed but our staff and animals are still here and looking forward to your return.
Many of you have asked us how you can help. It doesn’t have to be expensive – just a comment on our Facebook posts show us you care, but if you are able to do a little more, you can support us in the following ways:
- Donate Money: crowdfunder.co.uk/wildheart-trust
- Buy a Sanctuary Saver Voucher which you can redeem when we are open for an admission to the zoo. For more details including terms and conditions you can click here.
- Donate a fixed sum of money directly:
- Name: Wildheart Trust Collections Account
- Sort code: 54-41-31
- Account No: 49641158
- Donate money monthly:
- Set up a standing order from your online account, or a direct debit from your bank. If you would like to give little an often this is the easiest way to help us.
- It is easy to set this up online yourself, but if you need to, you can print off this standing order and scan it over to your bank to set up for you.
- If you are able to then it would be amazing if you could also gift aid your donation. If you are a UK taxpayer for every £1 you donate Gift Aid allows us to claim 25p from the government.
- Send a cheque made payable to: The Wildheart Trust; and address it to: c/o Lisa Wright, Isle of Wight Zoo, Yaverland Road, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8QB
- Use this website to:
- Buy an animal experience to do later in the year
- Become a member and join us on our journey once we reopen (memberships will be dated from the day we reopen)
- Go to our online shop and adopt one of our Big Cats (this gives you the added bonus of a ticket to see us once this period of uncertainty is over)
- Drop off something from the list below into our hut outside the zoo whilst on your weekly shopping trip (please do not make a special trip for this)
- Sweet Potato
- Corn on the cob
- Leafy greens such as Lettuce, Pak Choi, Chicory, Kale, Spring Greens
- Spring Onions
- Sweetcorn (frozen is fine)
- Fresh or dry herbs (for enrichment)
- Follow us on social media and make comments – we are reading them all; and your support, and solidarity is important to us at this time as we really miss you all already!
From all of us at the Isle of Wight Zoo, we wish you well; look after each other, love your local wildlife, and we hope to see you soon.