Terms & Conditions
In entering into any transaction using this website you do so on the basis of the following terms and conditions. The terms and conditions of each transaction type are made up of the specific terms relating to the transaction type and the Common Terms.
The Wildheart Trust | Wildheart Animal Sanctuary
Registered in England & Wales no.10238727
Reg Charity No:1171144
Registered Address: Wildheart Animal Sanctuary, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8QB
Telephone: 01983 403883
In these terms "The Wildheart Trust" refers to the organisation relevant to your transaction as specified in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the "Specific Terms"). The word "Terms" refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendments to the Terms
The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and/or you enter into any transaction with The Wildheart Trust, unless any change to those policies, or these Terms, is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond The Wildheart Trust’s reasonable control
The Wildheart Trust will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and The Wildheart Trust takes no action, The Wildheart Trust will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms. You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from The Wildheart Trust’s negligence, The Wildheart Trust, its employees, and/or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of, or in connection with, The Wildheart Trust’s relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary's maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary, in respect of the relevant transaction, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary with respect to the transaction. A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon, or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and, therefore, certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.
Valid for one year from the date issued. This voucher has no cash value. Tickets are not replaceable or exchangeable if lost or stolen.
- In purchasing an adoption of an animal (an "Animal Adoption") at The Wildheart Trust you enter into an agreement with The Wildheart Trust, registered company number 08058005 on these adoption specific terms that incorporate the "Common Terms" on this website applicable to all transactions.
- Each Animal Adoption includes the benefits as stated on the Animal Adoption application web page at the time of making your application only. The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- An Animal Adoption may only be in the name of an individual, individuals, or groups (i.e. school name or business name) as indicated at the time of application.
- An Animal Adoption applies to group of animals or a named individual unless specified in advance by The Wildheart Trust, which will usually be for limited promotional purposes. Adoption does not imply ownership nor does it create any liabilities in respect of an animal.
- In the event of the group of animals or individual animal of the Animal Adoption ceasing to be on display at the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary due to death or relocation to another collection, or any other reason, an alternative animal will be offered for the remainder of the Animal Adoption period. Unfortunately, The Wildheart Trust cannot offer a refund in such circumstances.
- Any complimentary tickets issued in conjunction with an Animal Adoption entitle the bearer entrance to the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary as specified on each individual ticket. They are valid for one year from the date of the adoption transaction, and are not replaceable or exchangeable if lost or stolen.
- Entrance to the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary to see a group of animals (or an individual animal) that is the subject of an Animal Adoption does not guarantee that any particular group of animals (or individual animal) will be on public display at that time.
- Entrance to the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary in conjunction with an Animal Adoption remains subject to all other Wildheart Animal Sanctuary standard terms and conditions of entry.
- Delivery of Animal Adoption package is by: Royal Mail (allow up to 28 working days)
- Unless otherwise stated an Animal Adoption runs for a period of 12 months from the date of your approved application.
Animal Encounters terms
The Wildheart Trust Ltd reserves the right to alter the itinerary on any given day due to animal welfare or health issues, but will ensure, that if this is the case, then the activity will be replaced for another similar task or the encounter will be offered on another day.
There will be a charge of £10.00 to cover administration costs if you cancel your booking and require a refund for an 'Animal Encounters’.
Refunds must be applied for before 3 months of expiry unless due to exceptional circumstances: illness/ injury, pregnancy or bereavement. Once a date has been booked, the experience is non-refundable unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at The Wildheart Trust’s discretion.
Once booked, the date cannot be changed except in exceptional circumstances.
The recipient name can be exchanged providing The Wildheart Trust are given a minimum of seven days notice.
The Wildheart Trust will allocate session slots on a first come, first served basis. It is the participant’s responsibility to book with advance notice to avoid disappointment.
Customers will receive their confirmation within 10 working days of their order.
Participants must be aged 8 years or over. There is no upper age limit, although participants will need a reasonable level of fitness to take part in the activities.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers will not be able to partake in Animal Encounters.
Once the date has been booked, the experience cannot be rescheduled and is non-refundable unless due to exceptional circumstances: illness/injury, pregnancy or bereavement. This is at The Wildheart Trust’s discretion.
The reference name can be exchanged providing The Wildheart Trust are given a minimum of seven working days notice.
The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner. Alcohol must not be consumed prior to the experience, on the day of the contact session, and the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse the participant the right to take part in the experience if they appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to change any of the dates for the animal encounter experiences.
The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to alter the content of the experience on any given day due to animal welfare or health issues, but will ensure that if this is the case then the activity will be replaced with another similar task or the encounter will be offered on another day.
The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to cancel the experience due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Wildheart Trust will give as much notice as possible, but this cannot always be guaranteed.
In purchasing an annual membership at The Wildheart Trust you enter into an agreement with The Wildheart Trust, registered company number 08058005, on these adoption specific terms that incorporate the "Common Terms" on this website applicable to all transactions.
Once a membership has been purchased, the membership is non-refundable unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at The Wildheart Trust’s discretion.* The Wildheart Trust reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice*
- Standard Membership is based on a standard 12-month contract and starts on the date of purchase unless agreed otherwise by The Wildheart Trust, e.g. for gift memberships
- Any card issued with your Membership is for use by the named holder only, and is not transferable under any circumstances. Any misuse of the membership card will result in it being confiscated with no refund. The card cannot be given away, sold or transferred. Membership card photocopies are not valid.
- Membership cards are not valid after their expiry date, and remain the property of The Wildheart Trust at all times.
- Admission to the sanctuary will not be granted under any circumstances without the production of a valid Membership card. If you do not have your card with you on the day of admission, the current full admission charge must be paid, which is not refundable.
- A membership pass may not be valid for entry for certain special events in the sanctuary calendar (e.g. Bat Evenings), and this will be advertised as such. There will be an additional fee payable for member entry to such events.
- The Membership card is not a credit card, charge card, or cheque guarantee card.
- An adult must accompany children 16 years old or younger.
- An administration charge of £3 will be made for lost or replacement Membership cards should you require one. Please call the Membership team prior to your visit so we can take payment and provide you with a temporary access pass.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry and/or cancel the Membership without refund. In particular if the card holder, or anyone accessing our facilities by virtue of a Membership, behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff, contractors or the animal collection, or breaches the terms and conditions relating to access to our facilities membership will be cancelled.
- The Wildheart Trust has the right to reject applications for membership or renewal
- All events are subject to availability.
- Special Offers – Unless otherwise advised, special offers, including joining offers, are only available once to each Member of the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary. Each offer will also be subject to additional Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that a payment is rejected by any bank or credit card company, then the membership will be suspended until valid payment of the membership fee (and, at The Wildheart Trust’s discretion, payment of any additional costs incurred by The Wildheart Trust because of the rejection of the payment) is received by The Wildheart Trust If valid payment is not received then membership will be terminated. Any such termination may be back dated to the date when the rejected payment fell due.
- The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to change opening and closing times of the sanctuary without prior notice. The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to close or remove some exhibits or areas within the sanctuaries partly, entirely, or at certain times of the year for various reasons including, but not limited to, special events and refurbishment.
- Membership cannot be cancelled during a period which has already been paid for. Membership will automatically terminate at the end of the period you have paid for if payment is not received for the next period.
- Standard Wildheart Animal Sanctuary terms and conditions apply to all members.
- 10% discount in the gift shops cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
General Terms and Conditions for Website Use
The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Wildheart Animal Sanctuary and the goods and services that it offers. The company has endeavoured to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate. Your use of information held on this website and any downloadable item is at your own risk. The company reserves the right to make alterations and corrections to the information contained in this website at any time without notice.
This website and the information contained in it is provided 'as is' without any warranty or implied term of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
By accessing this website you agree that the company will not be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this website, or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this website. The company cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss to your data or computer system that may occur while using this website or any item downloaded from this website.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights
The copyright and other intellectual property rights in the material contained in this website, and any trademarks and brands included in that material, belong to the company or their licensors. No person may copy any part of the material from this website without the relevant company’s prior written consent, other than temporarily in the course of using this website or to keep a record of a transaction entered into using this website.
Hyperlinks and Third Party Websites
The company uses links to other websites to improve your experience of this website. The company will always seek to make these links clear, so that you know when you have left this website. Please be aware that other websites are owned and run by other companies and organisations, and the company cannot accept responsibility for any information you choose to divulge to a linked website.
In addition, the company cannot accept responsibility for the content of third party websites linked to from this website or which link to this website. They are independent of the company, and their content is not endorsed or approved by the company. If you agree to purchase goods or services offered on or through such third party websites, the resulting agreement will be entirely between you and the relevant third party; the company will not be involved in, or have any responsibility under, those agreements.
We encourage other organisations and individuals to link their websites to this website. However if you wish to establish a link to this website or any of its content, the company requires that the link does not open within a frameset from another website, and that the referring website makes it clear that the content belongs to the company.
Note to Parents
The company has developed this website to be an enjoyable experience for adults and children of all ages. The company recognises that younger children may not understand some of the information contained on this website or how it operates. Where appropriate, please discuss this website with your children.
We will seek confirmation of age from any individual committing to a transaction through this website.
Note to Children
As protection of your personal details is important, please talk to your mum, dad or guardian before sending us any information about yourself. They can read the "Note to Adults" above. If you want to ask us a question, please make sure your mum, dad or guardian knows that you are getting in touch with us, and check that is OK with them for you to email us. You could also ask them to get in touch with us for you.
Please note that there are other terms and conditions that apply to different transactions you commit to through your use of this website. These will be brought to your attention prior to any transaction being authorised.